The Car I Learned About Today - The New (2013) Dodge Dart
"The Car I Learned About Today" is (will be) a regular feature on CarCynic.com. The only previous entry - The 2004 - Present Maserati Quattroporte can be seen
here on our Google Plus Page.
You may notice that I'm a bit -- OK, more than a bit -- of a Euro-snob. Even among cars from what was the big 3 American companies, I was never a Chrysler/Dodge fan.
In the past, if you were to see me behind the wheel of a Dodge, the most likely explanation would have been that I'd been shot, and someone stuffed the body there.
Never-the-less, today's Chrysler is not the Chrysler/Dodge of the past. So with an open mind, I did a little research on the New Dodge Dart, and I really can't complain that much.
Photo from Wikimedia Commons - Credit: Andrew Duthie
What's good about it?
- Modern, High-Tech Engine
- Good Front and Rear Suspension Design with Strategic use of Aluminum Components
- Decent, Modern Transmissions as Available Options
- Good Fuel Economy
- Turbo Version Available
- Not Bad Looking
But I sill wouldn't buy one. Why not?
- They still need to alleviate my Concerns about the Quality of Engine Components, based on previous history.
- Quality of Interior Build/Materials
- How Mature (in terms of both Looks and Technology) is that "Integrated" Virtual/Real Instrument Panel?
- No Diesel version available
It may be one of the best driving cars in it's price range, but because of the sins of the past, it's going to take some time to make this cynic comfortable recommending this car.
carcynic on 07.11.12 @ 01:00 PM EST [Article Anchor]